Your use of myrainbow.net.au and affiliated websites, mobile sites, applications and platforms is outlined below.
Using the Site
Your access to and use of the myrainbow.net.au is for your personal use only. We do not permit any commercial use of the network without our express written agreement.
- Please don’t use our logo in your video (it’s a copyright issue).
- Please don’t submit music videos or short films.
- Avoid negative language and specifically mentioning self-harm.
- Please don’t describe the method used in a suicide attempt/death or idealize suicide victims and create an aura of celebrity around them.
Children and Young People
Most of the content on the myrainbow.net.au is suited for a general audience and is rated PG (parental guidance recommended). If you are under the age of 15 we recommend you obtain your parents’ permission before using the myrainbow.net.au website.
Certain areas of the myrainbow.net.au such contain mature content which is unsuitable for anyone under the age of 18. You may be asked to confirm that you are over 18 before you are allowed to access these areas.
Parents, Carers and Teachers
We are committed to raising public awareness about the risks to children online and equipping you to manage these.
We recommend you visit the the australia.gov.au which includes tips on how to protect your family online as well as information about the safety features of the Microsoft suite of services accessible on the myrainbow.net.au. myrainbow.net.au is a proud supporter of this.
In order to access some of our services and products, you will be asked to register with us by providing us with certain information about you which we will use to create your Myrainbow.net.au account. As part of creating your Myrainbow.net.au account, you may also be requested to provide questions and secret answers, which we use to help verify your identity and assist in resetting your password, as well as an alternate e-mail address. Currently, this may also be done using your log-in details to Facebook. By signing in on one of our websites, product or services, you may be automatically signed into other websites, products and services that use your Myrainbow.net.au account.
Membership of your Myrainbow.net.au account is free but is conditional upon you giving us accurate up to date registration information including a valid email address if requested.
We may refuse to accept your registration request and/or terminate your Myrainbow.net.au account at our discretion and without notice if your registration information is inaccurate or incomplete or if you use your Myrainbow.net.au account to annoy other users or disrupt or misuse our services in any way.
Security of Myrainbow.net.au account
You must keep your Myrainbow.net.au account log in details secure and must not disclose them to anyone else. You must notify us immediately if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorised use of your Myrainbow.net.au account or log in details.
Intellectual Property: General
The myrainbow.net.au includes services and content which are the intellectual property of My Rainbow Net Pty. Ltd. and our service providers. You may use our content by downloading and storing limited copies for your personal use only. You may not otherwise reproduce or redistribute or use our content or services in any way unless you have our express permission.
The myrainbow.net.au trade marks belong to My Rainbow Net Pty. Ltd.. The trade marks of our service and content providers belong to them. Nothing contained on the myrainbow.net.au should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any trademark displayed on the site. Use of all trademarks displayed on the myrainbow.net.au requires the express permission of the relevant trade mark owner.
On certain parts of the myrainbow.net.au we encourage you to submit your own personal contributions for example by submitting photographs, video footage or written feedback or participating in discussions with other members of our online communities (Your Contributions). Your Contributions are subject to the following conditions:
- All Your Contributions must be your own work and must not include any material which is the copyright of someone else;
- Your Contributions must be on-topic and constructive and not contributed with the intention of disrupting our online communities or causing harm or offense to anyone;
- You give to us free of charge permission to use Your Contributions in any way we want to on any web site or mobile site, application, products or services in any media (including editing, modifying or adapting Your Contributions for operational or editorial reasons).
We may also redistribute Your Contributions to third parties; please note that this may include television broadcast, audio casts, articles etc.
- Copyright in Your Contributions remains with you and the permissions you give us do not restrict you from using Your Contributions in any way;
- We generally show your Member name with Your Contributions, however, you acknowledge and agree that it is not always practical for us to attribute you as the author of Your Contributions; and
- Your Contributions may or may not be pre-screened and there may be a delay before they appear on the myrainbow.net.au. We may choose not to use Your Contributions or remove.
- Your Contributions from the myrainbow.net.au in our discretion.
If you have any questions about Your Contributions please contact us here
It is your responsibility to ensure that Your Contributions do not breach any applicable laws or rights. Without limiting this obligation we require that Your Contributions do not:
- Defame any person;
- Breach anyone’s intellectual property rights or confidentiality.
- Breach privacy laws;
- Breach anti-discrimination laws;
- Contain any links, advertising or marketing material or spam;
- Stalk or harass any person;
- Encourage or promote or assist the commission of any illegal act;
- Contain excessively coarse language or content which would be rated R RC or X by the Australian Classification Board; or
- Include any material that contains any virus or computer code file or computer program designed to impair any the performance of the myrainbow.net.au or any computer, software or telecommunications device.
IF YOU THINK THAT ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE IS UNLAWFUL OR BREACHES THESE TERMS PLEASE USE THE REPORT HERE.
Please note while we will not necessarily reply to all complaints, we will consider whether there are any grounds for taking action for each complaint received.
We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any content or services included in or accessible via the myrainbow.net.au without any notice and without any liability to you
Dealings with Advertisers
The myrainbow.net.au includes advertising and promotional material provided by our advertisers. We do not recommend or endorse any advertiser, its products or services and we ask that you contact the advertiser directly if you have any queries or concerns regarding the content of any advertisement.
In some instances, author/advertisements will contain offers which you can accept by clicking through to the advertiser’s website. Such offers are not made by us and the advertiser is solely responsible to you for the delivery of any goods or services you | purchase on the third party website.
From time to time we feature, promote or sponsor special events, competitions and other activities conducted by third parties on-line and/or off-line. We do not accept any responsibility for your participation. However there may be specific terms and conditions applicable to those activities and you should check these carefully.
The products and prices listed in the shopping sites on the myrainbow.net.au are the responsibility of the relevant retailer. We are not liable for the availability, prices or price changes, including where price changes have not been reflected on the shopping sites.
Some author/advertisements and promotions may be aimed at consumers who are located in specific locations. As a result, the goods or services included in any such author/advertisements or promotions may not necessarily be available at or near the place where you are located whether for the price stated or at all. We make no representation or warranty with regard to the availability of such good and services or the price for which those goods and services may be available in the area where you are located. You agree that you will make no claim or complaint against us or any of our related bodies corporate and that those parties will not be liable, solely on the basis that you were not able to acquire goods or services mentioned in an advertisement or promotion whether at the price stated in the advertisement or at all.
For the convenience of our users the myrainbow.net.au contains links and other pointers to websites operated by third parties. We do not control these websites and we are not responsible for their availability or their content and /or services.
You agree that My Rainbow Net Pty. Ltd. may without notice terminate your access to our services without notice on any reasonable grounds including but not limited to:
- Request by law enforcement authorities or agencies;
- Discontinuation of modifications to our services;
- Technical issues or problems;
- Extended periods of account inactivity;
- Non-payment of any fees owed by you in relation to any services; and
- Where we suspect you have used the services for a fraudulent or illegal purpose
Except where expressly specified myrainbow.net.au content is provided for your information only. It is not intended as advice and you should not rely upon it as such. You should verify any important information we provide (such as information about health, finances and travel) and seek independent advice suited to your specific circumstances prior to making any decisions.
Special warning for content and services relating to Financial Matters
The myrainbow.net.au may contain financial content and tools such as stock quotes, broker calls, investment information, market comment and analysis, statistics, company reports and fact sheets and calculators. None of our financial content is intended for trading or investment purposes and we and our content providers are not liable for any trading or investment decisions based on your use of this content
Limitations of Liability
In no circumstances are we liable for any indirect or consequential losses or damages arising in connection to your use of the myrainbow.net.au.